Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By ordering (as defined below) you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions.
Our contract with you
- These Terms will apply to any Order We accept from you including any Order that is changed under paragraph 4. Note that unless you accept these Terms (by ticking the acceptance box when you set up your account) you will not be able to place an Order.
- We may change the Terms from time to time and it is the current version which will apply to each Order when you place it. We will notify you of changes to the Terms by email.
- Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before placing an Order. The Terms restrict Our liability to you in certain circumstances. Please see paragraph 12.
- If you need to contact Us at any time about an Order you may do so as set out in paragraph 14.
- When the following words with capital letters are used in these Terms, this is what they will mean
- App: The BestatlaundryApplication
- Event Outside Our Control: any occurrence or circumstances over which We have no control as described in paragraph 13 and including (without limitation) the unavailability of any Service Provider, key personnel or key materials without which We are unable to provide the Services;
- Item: any garment or article collected from you in connection with an Order;
- Order: your order for the Services as set out in the order form submitted;
- Services: dry cleaning or laundry services collected from and delivered to your nominated address;
- Service Providers: any third party with which We contract in order to assist Us in providing the Services;
- Terms: these terms and conditions as amended from time to time; and
- We/Our/Us: Bestatlaundry, Aldborough Road, Dagenham, United Kingdom, Zip code - RM10 8AT
- When We use the words “writing” or “written” in these Terms, this will include e-mail and notifications via the App
Placing an Order
- Please ensure that you check the details of your Order before submitting it as We will not be liable to you for any errors you make. For example, please check carefully that you have correctly inputted your address. If you think that you may have made a mistake, please contact Us as set out in paragraph 14. We will confirm any changes to your Order by email. Changes are also dealt with under paragraph 4.
- Submission of an Order does not create a contract between Us. The contract arises when We send you an email confirming acceptance of your Order.
- We will assign an order number to each Order and inform you of it when We accept the Order. Please quote the order number in all subsequent contact with Us.
- If for any reason We are unable to fulfil your Order, We will let you know by email.
- Any Orders without a voucher code and which have a value of less than the minimum order value will be charged the minimum order value. Please note that minimum order value may differ depending on location and type of voucher used.
Changes to your Order
- You may make a change to an Order at any time before the collection time set out in Our email acceptance of your Order by contacting Our Customer Care Team at +44 2086388690 or you can contact Us on Live Chat.
- With your consent or at Our discretion, We may make a change to your Order as an alternative to cancelling it.
- Where changes are made to an Order under either of the preceding sub-paragraphs We will issue an Order amendment confirmation to you via email.
Cancelling or rescheduling your Order
- You have the following limited rights to cancel an Order.
- You may cancel or reschedule your Order with no additional charge in the following circumstances:
- at any time up to four hours before the collection time – set out in Our email acceptance of your Order – via the App or by contacting +44 2086388690 or Live Chat; or
- If, after We have collected your Item(s), We are affected by an Event Outside Our Control by contacting Our Customer Care at +44 2086388690 or Live Chat
- You acknowledge that once an Item has been collected from you, We have begun providing the Services to you and that any rights of cancellation or rescheduling you may have under the Consumer Contracts Regulations or any equivalent law or regulations will be lost.
- Cancelling or rescheduling your order less than four hours before a collection or failing to be present for collection will incur a £10 additional charge.
- Rescheduling your delivery less than four hours before a delivery or failing to be present for delivery will incur a £10 additional charge.
Our rights to cancel your Order
- We may cancel your Order and the contract between you and Us in the following circumstances:
- as a result of an Event Outside Our Control; or
- if you fail to make Items available for collection; or
- if We consider that any Item does not correspond with the Order, is damaged, does not have cleaning instructions, or does not fall within those Items which We accept (please contact Our Customer Care Team by email at +44 2086388690 or on Live Chat if you are unsure which items we accept).
- If We cancel your Order We will contact you by phone, SMS or email and
- where We have already started work on your Order, We will not charge you anything and you will not have to make any payment to Us;
- We will arrange to deliver the Item(s) to you as soon as reasonably possible in accordance to Our availability.
Collection and delivery
- Subject to paragraph 12, We will use reasonable endeavours to collect and deliver Items at the times specified in the Order but We cannot guarantee to do so. We will use reasonable endeavours to communicate any delay to you by phone, email, push notification or SMS.
- If you are not available to accept delivery of Items, you are able to reschedule via the App to a more suitable time.
- If delivery is not possible due to you being unavailable at the designated time, a redelivery charge of £10 will be charged for each consequent attempt of delivery as set out in paragraph 5.5. We will endeavour to find a suitable redelivery time, however, if a redelivery is urgent, it is your responsibility to organise a same day courier.
- If you have failed to accept delivery or arrange redelivery within 90 days of the original delivery date, We may dispose of the Item(s) or donate it to an accredited charity of Our choice.
- You may arrange to have Items collected from, or re-delivered to, a third party, on condition that you do so at your own risk and the third party is prepared to sign an acknowledgement on your behalf.
- You may, by written instructions to Us, request Us to leave an Item in an agreed location without providing Us with a signature of acknowledgement. If you do so, it is at Our discretion and entirely at your own risk and We shall not be liable to you for any damage or loss of Items delivered on this basis.
- We will not reassign the contents of a bag to another coloured bag after the Items have been collected.
- We will provide the Services with reasonable care and skill in accordance with industry standards.
- We will not be liable for any delay or non-performance of Our Services where you have failed to provide accurate information in your Order, for example if an address is incomplete or inaccurate, or if you fail to accept delivery of Items in accordance with an order.
- We will not be liable for any Item provided without a care label, but Our experts will clean in a manner they deem most appropriate.
- We may contact you by email or return the Items unprocessed if We consider any Items submitted to Us to be at an increased risk of damage, including, but not limited to, Items:
- with special requirements or instructions for cleaning;
- which are damaged or stained;
- bearing an extraneous or hazardous thing, e.g., pins, jewellery, coins, pens, etc. and at Our discretion and with your consent may agree to provide the Services at your risk in respect of those Items; and
- with no care label.
- You may leave special instructions regarding your Order, however, we cannot guarantee to follow these if they fall outside our standard processes or are contrary to the care label instruction.
- Wash, Tumble Dry and Fold Orders
- You ensure to thoroughly check all the Items for hazardous objects e.g. coins, pens, keys, makeup, papers etc. as We hold no responsibility for any objects lost or damaged nor any responsibility for damage to Items as a result of the cleaning process.
- The load is washed at a 30 degree cycle and tumble dried on a medium heat. As We process a high volume, We will not be able to cater to personal requirements (e.g. temperature, washing powders, etc.). Please note that the Items are not ironed.
- We will separate the clothes into lights and darks for you. Although We will take the utmost care in doing this We will accept no responsibility if there is any bleeding or colour transfer during the cleaning process.
- We will measure the laundry by weight. The minimum weight is 6kg and every kg over 6kg We will charge accordingly. We will update this after We have weighed it at the facility, and you will receive a confirmation email. Any orders below 6kg will be charged as if they were 6kg
- We will not be liable for damage to Items as We wash by the load and do not inspect the care labels of each garment. For Items that need to be specially treated e.g. leather, silk, cashmere, fur, velvet and other delicate garments, please ensure that these Items can be machine washed and tumble dried. We will not be liable for Items damaged that have been processed in a tumble dryer although the Items state they are suitable for this
- Wash, Tumble Dry and Fold Orders will not include any bedding or towels. If these are included they will be added as an individual product and your bill will be amended accordingly.
- Laundry Items are tagged by the load and not individually tagged. Therefore, We cannot accept any liability for missing Items.
- Pre-paid Bundles
- Pre-paid bundles including but not limited to 25x Pre-paid Shirts, 100x Pre-paid Shirts, 10x Pre-paid Two-Piece Suits and 15x Pre-paid Dresses offer a discounted bulk rate. You do not need to order all Items in a bundle at once.
- Pre-paid bundles are non-refundable.
- Pre-paid bundles can only be used on the account used to purchase the bundle and cannot be exchanged or traded.
- Pre-paid bundles will expire 12 months after purchase, therefore, any unused allowance will no longer be available to use after this time.
- Pre-paid bundles may be affected by changes to Our coverage and service Terms.
- The purchase of pre-paid bundle includes an initial collection of Item(s), which is deducted from the total balance of pre-paid Item(s).
- Pre-paid bundles are already heavily discounted. Customers cannot use further discounts or vouchers when purchasing a pre-paid bundle.
If there is a problem with the Services
- If there is any problem with the Services:
- please contact Our Customer Care Team by email at +44 2086388690 or on Live Chat.
- You will not have to pay for Us to deal with your complaint.
- Complaints should be notified to Us within 24 hours of delivery of any Item. If you believe that We are in breach of Our obligations under these Terms (quality, pricing, damage, missing etc) and We are notified more than 24 hours after delivery, We may investigate as a gesture of goodwill but We may not accept liability.
- As a consumer, you have statutory rights if Our Services are not carried out with reasonable skill and care, or if the materials used are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
Price and payment
- Our prices include VAT. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date We accept your Order and the date of payment, We will have to adjust the rate of VAT that you pay.
- Upon placing an Order We capture the payment but do not directly charge your card although some banks will show it as a recent transaction. We process payments after We have received your Order at the facility. If your final total is different to your captured total (i.e. your Order has been updated accordingly), the final total will be taken and show on your recent transactions. The captured amount will then be released. Please note that it may take up to 3 working days for the release of the captured amount to reflect on your bank account. We will take payment from the debit or credit card, details of which were supplied with your Order. If for any reason We are unable to take payment you will become liable to Us for the sum due plus interest at the rate of 3% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank PLC. Interest will accrue on a daily basis from due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay Us interest together with any overdue amount.
- If for any reason your payment has been disputed and we incur a chargeback fee from our credit card processor, We reserve the right to charge that fee back to you. We expect the fee to be reimbursed within 30 days of being notified and if We do not receive the payment then you are liable to Us for the sum due plus interest at the rate of 3% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank PLC. Interest will accrue on a daily basis from the 31st day of being notified until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay Us interest together with any overdue amount.
- We reserve the right to apply a minimum payment of up to 30 pence to any orders valuing between 1p and 29p. For more information about this minimum payment, please contact +44 2086388690.
Our liability to you
- In the unlikely event of loss or damage to an Item, We will pay compensation if found liable following an internal investigation. The compensation offer will be in line with the Fair Compensation Guidelines as provided by the Textile Services Association (TSA). The TSA guidelines indicate that fair and reasonable compensation be paid on the basis of allowing for wear and tear and the age of the Item. It is considered reasonable for Us to ask for receipts, bank or credit card statements confirming the purchase price prior to agreeing any compensation. If found liable, We will follow the TSA guidelines. The compensation given will not include extra costs to purchase the Item, including but not limited to, shipping costs, tailoring/altering costs, etc.
- Failure to produce a valid proof of purchase within 30 days of being requested will limit the compensation amount offered. In this instance, Our total liability to you in respect of each Item is limited to ten times the price We charge for the Service.
- You must inspect the Items following the delivery and if you believe that Items are lost or damaged, you must inform Us about such loss or damage within 24 hours of receiving the Items. We reserve the right to inspect and take pictures of any alleged damage to any Items before you make a claim in relation to such Items.
- We will not be responsible for any damage to Items which:
- do not have the original dry cleaning ticket attached
- were not collected for inspection
- have been recleaned by you or a third party.
- You acknowledge that We are not aware of the value of the Items, and We strongly recommend that you arrange insurance to cover the Items.
- Subject to the following subparagraphs, We will compensate (in accordance with paragraph 12.1) for loss or damage which is due to Our Negligence.
- We will not be responsible for any single Item valued at more than £300 unless We have received (and acknowledged) notification via email to +44 2086388690.
- We will not be responsible to you for any loss or damage that is foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of Our breach or if it was contemplated by you and Us at the time We entered into a contract for the Services.
- The service is not to be used for re-sale purposes and We will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We will not be responsible for any loss or damage (including, without limitation) any colour loss, shrinkage or other damage, resulting from the following:
- Failure to notify Us of any special requirements or instructions for cleaning the Item;
- any existing damage to the Item at the time of collection;
- any extraneous objects left in or on the Item, including but not limited to: coins, buttons, jewellery, cufflinks, collar stiffeners, pens or tie clips
- any extraneous packaging provided with the Item, including but not limited to: clothes hangers, suit bags or personal laundry bags
- Our acceptance of Items which We agree to provide the Services for under paragraph 8.3;
- Our agreement under paragraph 7.3;
- Our disposal of Items under paragraph 7.4;
- Any normal wear and tear
- incorrect labelling on the manufacturer’s behalf, or incorrect instructions from you
- any colour loss, bleeding or shrinkage of garments, in particular for Items included in the wash and fold service
- We do not exclude or limit in any way Our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- breach of the Terms implied by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (title and quiet possession);
- breach of the Terms implied by sections 3, 4 and 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- We will not be liable for any consequential loss.
- Damaged Items will not be considered as an unsatisfactory service of Bestatlaundryif they result from/through:
- Substandard condition of the Item that couldn’t be identified by professional examination. This shall apply in particular for inadequate quality of fabric, seams and thickness, low durability of the fabric, insufficient authenticity of the colouring and printings, impregnations, earlier inappropriate treatment, hidden foreign bodies, and inadequate fixation of buttons, buckles and zipper.
- Garments that cannot or only partly be cleaned
- We will not be liable for any damage to buttons, zips, and other similar parts (fastenings/embellishments/etc.).
- Some of our facilities use a permanent heat-sealed sticker ticketing system. By placing an order with Us, you agree that your Item(s) may be tagged in this manner. We will always look to position these as inconspicuously as possible. We strongly advise customers to not remove these stickers as We cannot accept liability for any damage caused by removal by the customer or a third party. Please contact Our Customer Care Team on +44 2086388690 or on Live Chat for support.
- In the event We issue compensation for damage caused to an Item(s) in Our care, be it monetary or a replacement, We reserve the right to retain permanent ownership of damaged Item(s).
Events Outside Our Control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of Our obligations under these Terms that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control.
- An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond Our reasonable control, or the reasonable control of any of Our Service Providers including (without limitation) strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or closure or failure of public infrastructure or public or private telecommunications networks.
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of Our obligations under these Terms:
- We will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- Our obligations under these Terms will be suspended and the time for performance of Our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control; or
- You may cancel your Order under paragraph 5.2 or We may cancel it under paragraph 6.1.1.
- If your Order is cancelled, We will return your Item(s) to you at no cost to you.
How We may use your personal information
Information about Us and how to contact Us
- We are a company registered in England. Our registered office is at Aldborough Road, Dagenham, United Kingdom, Zip code - RM10 8AT.
- If you have any questions or if you have any complaints, please contact Us. You can contact Us by emailing Us at +44 2086388690, or on Live Chat.
- If you wish to contact Us in writing, or if any paragraph in these Terms requires you to give Us notice in writing, you can send this to Us by e-mail at +44 2086388690. We will confirm receipt of this by email. If We have to contact you or give you notice in writing, We will do so by notification via the App or by e-mail to the address you provide to Us in the Order.